A Modern Geochron in Glittering 4k Resolution
The Geochron Digital 4k UHD gives viewers beautiful displays of the Earth with the sunrise-sunset rendered in real-time through a small computer that plugs directly in to your TV via HDMI. The size of your display is only limited by the size of your TV, as you take in the terrestrial movement of the Earth’s orbit in sync with the Sun.
The Geochron Digital 4k UHD displays a full-featured Geochron World Clock on any 4k TV, with every mapset and lighting option available in our famous mechanical clock but at a fraction of the cost. Now in the digital format, users customize markers on the map, and recieve (with internet) real time updates.
Lifetime updates for five mapsets:
- Live location of the International Space Station and over 100 satellites, updated every 15 seconds
- High Speed demonstration mode. One year in 15 seconds!
- Eight Locations Pins you can place anywhere on the map
Static Overlays, showing:
- Earth at Night
- Major shipping routes (new! as of 05/2018)
- Major flight routes (new! as of 05/2018)
- carbon monoxide pollution (new! as of 06/2018)
- additional satellites as NOAA, GPS, Military, Hubble (HST) (new! as of 10/2018)
- manual or automatic night time mode (new! as of 11/2018)
- Population gradient layer (new! as of 11/2018)
- Satellite weather(new! summer 2019) in Version 2
Multiple Views on the World in Real Time
With our easy-to-use on-screen menu, this Geochron has every mapset available: Earth Human, Earth Oceanic, Earth Topographical, a simple low resolution Geopolitical, and Ham Radio. Every map can be layered with humanity’s lights in the night, as seen from space.
Watch the sun rise over special locations, and mark them with customizable location pins. See the human expanse over the continents with lights reaching into the night.
Although the algorithms behind the dynamic display are complex, the Geochron Digital 4k UHD is ready to go out of the box. It’s easy to set up and use with the provided remote control, and – with an internet connection – includes time and date configuration, free firmware updates, and free map updates.
- 3′ Power Supply 110-220v USA Plug.
- 6′ HDMI Cable, male to male
- EU power adapter
- Remote Control and AAA batteries
- Printed Documentation
- New Updates as available with Internet
Note: a 4K TV screen and internet connectivity is not included. This device is concipated for 4k screens. It adapts also to lower resolutions but many information and details will be "swallowed". You get the best experience with a 4k screen.
- New (august 2019): Greyscale Mode, improvements in night mode and time zones
Geochron Digital 4K Version Stratus (Nov. 2019): what's better?
- USB Power from any available port. Eliminate that power cord!
- Just 10 watts max. power consumption, and lower heat
- Better video performance
- The case is 1/2 the size of the previous generation
- No power button: as soon as power is on, it's on
- beautiful box in Geochron design